POLICIES + RULES + WEATHER
General Event Policies
- Teams should report to the assigned field at least 1 hr before game time.
- Warm-ups will be conducted in the open play areas behind each field. Do not hit or throw balls into permanent or temporary fencing. Any player warming up a pitcher must wear a mask.
- Pitcher will be allowed 5 warm up pitches her first inning & 3 warm up pitches thereafter. All new pitchers will be awarded the same.
- When the game is over, teams must leave the field immediately after shaking hands. We will be on a tight schedule and you must adhere to this rule. Please be courteous and clean up after each game.
- Champions will provide 2 NEW/LIKE NEW game balls for each game. if those balls leave the field and do not return, teams are responsible for putting new balls into play.
- We will be playing USSSA Rules, any EXCEPTION to those rules are listed below.
- Home team/visiting team will be determined by coin toss. First team listed in bracket will occupy home team dugout.
- Home team will keep the official book.
- No players, team coaches or parents/spectators will be allowed in areas designated “College Coaches Only”.
- In case of uncontrollable circumstances or interruptions due to weather, the Tournament Director reserves the right to alter the tournament format in anyway necessary to maximize the number of games played by each team.
Exhibition Game Rules
- All exhibition games will be 90 minute time limit (Finish the Batter).
- Free substitution will be permitted during Exhibition games ONLY.
- No lineup cards needed during exhibition play.
- No “Run Rules” are in affect during Exhibition Play.
Pool Game Rules
- All pool games will be 90 minute time limit– Finish the Inning. No New Inning After 80th Minute.
- Pool Games will play with Championship play lineup cards, including all Additional Player options and DP/FLEX option on offense. LINE UP CARDS ARE REQUIRED.
- No Run Rules will be in affect during pool play.
- Games CAN end in a Tie.
Bracket/Elimination Game Rules/10U Round Robin Games
- BRACKET/ELIMINATION GAMES will be 90 minute games. No new inning after 80 Minutes. ITB will start in the 8th Inning if score is tied OR the first new inning after the 80th Minute.
- Elimination Games will play with Championship play lineup cards, including all Additional Player options and DP/FLEX option on offense. LINE UP CARDS ARE REQUIRED.
- USSSA Run rules will be in affect during elimination play. (12 after 3, 10 after 4. 8 after 5)
Tournament Director/Champions CEO- Stacy Tamborra 404-808-5495
Tournament Administrator Leigh Prickett 770-778-1397
Tournament UIC Don Briscoe-770-757-4268
Please call 404-808-5495 or 770-778-1397 in the event of inclement weather for event updates. We will also post updates on Social Media and Tournament Home Page.
Please download our Tournament App– SPORTS THREAD for all event updates, push notifications, game scores, and MORE!!!
- Teams that cancel after they are listed as “Accepted” in the tournament will forfeit all rights to a refund.
- Teams that cancel prior to 5/1/2018 will be refunded the full amount minus a $100 administrative fee.
- Teams that have paid the entry fee and are put on a waiting list will be refunded the full amount if they are not accepted in the tournament.
WEATHER CANCELLATIONS: There is a chance this tournament could be rained out. It is a 4-Day event and we will do everything in our power to get in as many games as possible during those three days.
If the fields are deemed UNPLAYABLE and you get zero games played, you will receive a refund less 25% of your registration fee to cover administration costs; if you get one game played we will refund 50%; if two or more games are played there will be no refund.
If the event is cancelled, you can transfer your registration to another Champions Elite Showcase event; if you transfer to another Champions Events it will be the all fees minus a 10% administrative fee
Your Information: We will not give out any information you submit at our site to any third parties except in compliance with a request of a law enforcement agency. Under no circumstances will your name, e-mail, phone number or address be sold to, or given to any other parties. We will never willfully sell, lease, or rent any of your or your business’ personally identifiable information to any third party.
Collected Information: Your personal information is collected through our contact forms only. This website currently has no applications or programs that gather information from your computer without your consent. Users are required to give us contact information (e.g., your name and email address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code). Certain information, such as your email address, is collected in order to verify your identity and for use in our records. Information collected at this website is kept in our records only as long as is necessary to provide requested services to our clients.
Summation: If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the practices of this site, please contact us.